push.pull
pulse synth harmonics
phase (un)locked loops

The push.pull pedal is a synth effect based upon the PLL (Phase Locked Loop) IC, in which the PLL has been "unlocked" and let loose through joysticks, switches, and a pushbutton. It is hard to describe the sounds I have already heard: distorted, glitchy, fuzz, bass synth, drone, full of clicks, 8 bit, and erratic synthetic hyperdrive.

4 Non-Return to Center Joysticks
A green LED pushbutton that "unlocks" the pedal, allowing it to spiral out of control.
4 switches:
Capacitor Envelope (Slow, Slower, Bypass)
High/Low Tone Select
Feedback Select (Audio, Voltage, Bypass)
True Bypass
In/Out/Power

Painted in Blurple Colorshift and coated in a thick bar top-type epoxy
Low profile aluminum enclosure

I will add graphics.

Ridiculous. Insane. Brilliant. Wrong. Some adjectives I have heard to sum up musician's first impressions. I am flattered.

Why? Because I love the delicate monstrosity that is precarious noise. I also wanted to make at least an entry into the category of craziest pedal ever. Hope I can be yours.

I will manufacture these. Since I am emerging as a pedal artist, I will do a limited run of these (say about 10) over the next month or two. I am looking for investors and/or a collaborators smarter than me in the area of engineering and electronics, so that the push.pull can be even better. In the meantime, I will post videos and experiment and refine. If you would like one, email me about your interest at either pushpullpedal@gmail.com or coloringpad@gmail.com and I will keep you posted and definitely email you when they are ready.

Price? Not there yet. I'll know more soon.


nestled into my rig...

push pull 1- drums.mov

1 comment: